Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Audition Panic Mode

In 16 dys, I will be standing before the audition panel at Portland Actor's Conservatory. I have gone to auditions before (albeit not many), and I will go to many after this, but there's something different about this one.

As an actor I have so much to learn, and I am well aware of this. LOL, I wouldn't be here at PAC if I didn't know that (I'd be out there getting hired and working). I moved to Portland specifically to attend at PAC, so my hopes for myself are high in the upcoming weeks. As I said, I have a ton to learn and this is the place I want to learn it and-- whoops, nerves just hit, I need to go throw up, brb.

...
...
...
...

Ok. Now, what is the point of this pathetic little reveal you may ask? Here it is: Auditions are coming up and all of us track 1st years are in major panic mode (and ain't posting on the blog very much, sorry!). We have Acting 4 and Monolouge Development in which the thing hanging over our heads constantly is: AUDITIONS! This causes our stress levels to jump about 40 points, and in my case, worship at the porcalin altar.

So, if you happen to see a person with a nervous twitch and glazed eyes who wanders around talking to themself, you might just be looking at a PAC student.

Saint Genesius, pray for us.
~Jack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, actors and actresses are in luck! this new site just launched that is taking the industry by storm. it's a social networking site for everyone in the entertainment industry who are trying to climb the ladder

www.actorladder.com

Scott(y) said...

SPAM ON THE PAC BLOG?

Where's my knife...

Jack Wells said...

And on my "from the heart" post too! I've got a knife, you sit on them and hold them down for me.