Sunday, October 26, 2008

update/ datedate?

Us second years are almost halfway through our acting boot camp. One scene down, in the middle of the second and I think we all found our third scenes. Shakespeare is...Shakespeare; taking everyone a lot longer to memorize and really make our own. We are still chipping away at our clowns and remembering to breathe and live in our bodies. You know, the usual.

Emotionally, it's quite dynamic. So much going on with everyone, I feel like we are all changing colors much like the trees outside. Hopefully we're not losing our metaphorical leaves, though. I would like to think that I am an evergreen. We are definitely growing closer together as a group. That is wonderful. There are still times when I think of last year and I miss everyone we shared classes with. It was a wonderful time. I also miss the recent graduates. I didn't spend as much time with them as I wish I had, but I got to know them, and still keep in touch with some of them, trying to see all of the shows they are in around town. Very promising. I would also like to know the current trackies, make a connection with the first years as I did with "my" second years. So I guess the question is: Who's throwing the big mixer party?

3 comments:

Jack Wells said...

Yeah, everybody's found their scene study 3 except Mark, Nicole and I. Freaking A, it's getting rediculous!!!

And maybe Shakespeare is hard for you, but not for some of us ;) Just kidding. I am definetly the Bard junkie of the class, that's for sure.

LOL, it's probly us who'll end up throwing the party. We do seem to be the party class. How many bloody parties was it in June/July last yr? It was crzy!!!

I know what you mean about missing the recent grads; I don't miss them cuz I see/talk to most of them pretty regularly, but it seems so odd to not see them around PAC. Like a piece is missing :( Point to ponder: Will next yr's class feel the same about us?

Can't wait to dance with you in clown, sweetie,

Jack

Anonymous said...

Halfway through, already? Wow, it goes so fast. We (the PAC staffers) are really excited to watch the Class of 2009 make their way onto the stage of the Conservatory. It's great to read about your journey. Thanks for sharing...

As for the mixer, I will start by inviting the new Track Students to join the blog. Perhaps they will read this post and reach out to you.

Best Wishes!!!

Phoebe J. Southwood said...

Vinnie - if our leaves fall off, it will only leave us naked! :) I know how much we love naked people. And trees.