Monday, November 10, 2008

Ramblings or Thoughts

I'm not always the most vocal one in the group. And those who don't speak--Blog. haha.
I don't think I ever truly said how pleased I am to have the people we have as part of our second year group. I remember closing in on auditions and thinking to myself "gosh....I want us ALL to make it damn it!"
I formed such great friendships in the first year. I don't talk a lot but I always feel welcomed and respected in this group of ours. And for that I thank you all.
Vinnie
Mark
Phoebe
Jack
Veronika
Simona
Linda
Nicole
I look forward to working with you all. I've been in a fair share of plays and one of the things I appreciated most was being part of a cast that got along and wasn't afraid to have a little fun. Sometimes that makes all the difference in the stress level of putting on a play. We have a group that can make that difference.
We all have so much going on. But we have this one thing in common a love for the art of acting. And through that we connected on a pretty deep level one of high trust and respect and I tell you what: THANK GOD! The worst kind of actor to work with is one who DOESN'T want to be there, but we so obviously want to be there; the sacrifices, adjustments we make, the time we dedicate, there is not a doubt in my mind that we will work well together. With each scene, each class each meeting I see us growing.
That Shakespeare/ensemble day was perfect example. Following the tension of the photo stuff the shakespeare rehearsal though on the somewhat unprofesional side of life was such an exhale of relief to go through and hit lines and get to laughing at the end.
One request I have is we not loose sight of why through all the stress we have in our lives we still MAKE the time to go to PAC. That we don't loose sight our personal reasons why we love acting sco much. That we don't loose sight of the knowledge and growth we have gained just in the past YEAR and the fun and experience we are going to gain in the future.
Maybe these are just ramblings but I just thought i'd share some positive thoughts and hopes.
I pat thee all upon the back. :)
~Jacob

3 comments:

Phoebe J. Southwood said...

Jacob, thank you so much. You don't talk much but when you do, it is always so eloquent, intelligent and thoughtful.

I second everything you say here. I am deeply impressed by the dedication of everyone in our group! I feel very lucky to be surround by such bright, talented people!

Your post is so encouraging! Keep talking!!!

Thank you!!!

Vinnie said...

Ditto, and right on!

Jack Wells said...

Jack *hearts* her Beanie.

You are my pet. You are my partner in crime. You are my pal. You are my ensemble-member.

You are my friend. Thank you so much for that.