Friday, May 30, 2008

First blog ever!!

Due to popular request, I have decided to put up my first blog ever in my life! So be prepared to have a mind explosion! So, the "topic" of my blog today is to give a little glimpse into the life of a props master. Here we go!
I suck at props. Bam! There we are. Thank you and goodnight. Ok, that's not it. Here comes the serious part.
I have had an interesting time with props. There were some I thought I could never find. Thinking I would be searching from one end of the Earth to the other. But those were actually the easiest to find. The hardest ones were the ones that shouldn't be. Like my arch-nemesis... the tray! Dun Dun Dun!!! Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl! Oh, wait, that was a bug. Anyway, the thing is, I promised myself I wouldn't get stressed about props. Now, I didn't get crazy stressed, but it was still there. But when it was getting down to the wire, and I had very little time and money, that's when I found myself strangling babies. That's when I realized I just need to breathe and let it go and just ground myself. See, acting excercises aren't just for acting. After I pried my manly, manly hands from those babies and breathed, I turned into SuperProp Guy and was able to find, I hope, everything I needed. So, I guess, the moral of the story is to breathe and do not strangle babies.
How's that for a first blog! Anyone? Anyone?

2 comments:

Scott(y) said...

It's an admirable blog entry...and I should know. I'm admirable.

Jack Wells said...

I don't admire you at all! I personally think that your prop hex came from stealing my brown blanket out of the studio; you made this poor little waif-child freeze in Meisner class!

And *this* ladies and gentlemen, is the short version of Robby's adventures as prop-master:

http://www.xanga.com/The_Window_In/

(One of the pics makes me think of "Charlie bit me!" I'll let you figure out which one...)

Jack