Thursday, May 8, 2008

My face in the mirror

Mirror, mirror…

As I was reading Jack’s thoughts about the mirror exercise I got inspire and decided to write about my experience.
This is the third time I do this exercise. I have done in other classes as well, and it’s always a different experience, more or less intense, but worth it.
I LOVE this type of exercises that allow connection. I feel that every time we do one I get to know better someone I will share a scene with. It makes things easier and lighter, like they flow.
Yesterday I got a wonderful partner for the “mirror”. I felt we both walk into the exercise with and open mind and heart to let anything happened.
Our story built step by step, we create something that had a very nurturing essence, like we were giving birth to something precious. It was really amazing.
Every time I do “the mirror” I feel something different, depending on the person I am working with (and the circumstances, music, etc...). Many factors play in.
The first time I was really fearful, I resisted the exercise a little bit. I think I had the fear of the unexpected. The second time I was more relaxed, and definitively, this third time I was loving and grateful for the experience.

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

It's a great exercise! Yes! An amazing way to work on connection.